Prices & Practicalities
We offer quiet comfortable rooms in a large traditional thatched house, with a huge log fire. There’s a desk in your room, along with a kettle for hot drinks, but you may prefer to write downstairs by the fire, or in the kitchen, by the Rayburn. You can be as solitary or as sociable as you choose. And as a working writer, I am happy to offer constructive criticism on your work. Three homecooked meals a day are provided, along with tea, coffee, herbal teas and snacks, including homemade banana bread and flapjacks. The village pub is just 50 yards from the front door and there are many delightful walks all around. But not everyone who visits Retreats for You is here to write. Some paint, read, tackle a work project, or simply relax and recuperate.
- We charge £80.00 per night, full board, (minimum 2 nights). £75.00 per night for stays of 8 nights or longer.
- All our rooms have tea and coffee making facilities, and white fluffy towels, robes, slippers and hairdryers.
- We have two bathrooms, one upstairs and one downstairs. Both are well stocked with bubbles; scrubs; shampoos; lotions etc.
- Free wifi available throughout the house.
- All food is provided. Special dietary requirements can be catered for, upon consultation and with a only a small supplement if required, eg £15 extra one off payment for four night retreat if you are gluten free, vegetarian, dairy free.
- Laundry is done for you during your stay with us, and we have a large selection of wellies, jackets, fleeces and slankets – there’s even a onesie or two – for you to borrow!
- We are 50 minutes drive from Exeter and four hours drive from London
- We can collect you from the train or coach station in Exeter at a cost of £40 each way.
When you book, we’ll ask you for a deposit of around 20% of the cost of your stay, payable by internet bank transfer, cheque or Paypal (charges apply).
Payment can be made as usual at the end of your stay, and a small deposit of £30 per person to be taken by bank transfer or cheque to secure your place on special themed weeks.
In the event that you cancel, this is non refundable, but it does hold good for 6 months. So if you book again within that time, you won’t have to pay another deposit, and it will of course be deducted from your final bill.
Retreats for you gift vouchers also available.
The perfect Christmas or birthday present – emailed to you the same day.
We offer pre-bookable one to one creative writing workshops and an editing service. Both at £18 per hour.