Here’s some useful general information for you…
BOOKING & PAYMENT INFO
When you’re ready to book, we’ll ask for
– a deposit (see below)
– your room preference (see ‘book a room’ page) – there are videos!
– any dietary requirements
– your mobile/cell number
– any other things you’d like us to know ahead of your stay
– how you will arrive e.g. by car and approximate time. (Travel info below)
– how you heard of us. And your own social media so we may follow you.
Other information about our retreat…
Sheena Ryder, my lovely admin lady will be in touch 2/3 weeks beforehand, emailing you from our [email protected] email address, which will be copied in once you confirm deposit has been paid (just ‘reply to all’ and your system will not accidentally send it to your junk folder.)
BOOKING & DEPOSIT INFO
The deposit due at time of booking is £125
Total cost for Course is from £110 per person per night (depending on room) – balance due three weeks prior to arrival.
Nb plus £29 per night for one of the two en suites – limited availability so book early!
– Please put your date of stay in bank ref eg 1307 and surname
Nb Extra nights are possible or weekends (rarely available), by arrangement, please ask.
Our bank details will be provided on booking.
Or For international, ‘transferwise’ works well from USA.
Or Paypal (please add their 3% fee) and send to [email protected]
– there is a post office & community shop that does cash, open on Monday and Tuesday lunchtimes, Opposite our retreat in the Village Square.
TAXI & TRAVEL
Parking is ample, right outside (in village square) or if you need taxi – after train or coach journey to Exeter Saint Davids station or Exeter airport – it’s £45 approx, but a share is usually possible – pls ask.
Do get in touch direct with Ali the lovely local taxi lady to book – and to liaise in case cab share is available – we advise you to arrive at station by 1pm for most likely shared pick up.
Taxi: Contact Ali direct to book cab via [email protected]
Please note her mobile 07773 575133 but email is best to initially book – It is advisable to book trains and taxi lady early.
Alternatively, instead of taxi, there is a bus which goes from Exeter Saint Davids station, and can deliver you directly to nearby towns of Hatherleigh or Okehampton, it is the 5A. Then the cab from either town is less but definitely still book it in advance. Taxis are few and far between in deepest Devon and buses to Sheepwash are once a week.
COACH INSTEAD OF TRAIN
Please check out the very frequent coach service from London stations e.g. Heathrow, Victoria, etc to Exeter.
Check-in /checkout is lunchtime to lunchtime, a movable feast, we ask you to vacate the room a little earlier on Departure morning, but you’re welcome to write elsewhere in the house and stay for lunch if you wish to, on the final day – we know you won’t want to leave! Please advise if you would like some lunch upon arrival. My ladies look after you when I am not there for instance Sian will welcome everybody on a Monday; Wendy takes care of lunches and dinners most days.
We offer full board, no chores, maximum writing time, writing retreats – inc: – Self-service (any time) breakfast,
– afternoon tea coffee cake, (plus we run a small local public tea room on site, on one of the days, offering wonderful Devon clotted cream teas and home-made cake and quiche and soup.)
– A buffet lunch, or a tray in your room
– and wine with home-made evening supper. There is a small mini gym, a beautiful summer house with swing seat down the bottom of the garden, and a pretty courtyard as well as the studio with a widescreen 50 inch television, good broadband and sky TV. The roaring fire is lit in colder months plus a hot water bottle in your bed.
You have your own cosy room with lamp, writing desk, tea and coffee making facilities, dressing gown, slippers, fluffy towels, and an array of lotions, potions and bubbles for you to use whilst you are here.
Two rooms are en suite but go fast.
Beds are incredibly comfortable, including memory foam or high quality mattresses; plus premium white Egyptian cotton bedding.
You can be as sociable or solitary as you like, or just sleep. But in our guest book, every writer has reported a kind of magic casting a spell over their focus so they gets loads done.
– doggy household – Our very docile very friendly Labrador is Daisy – she lives next to the kitchen, and does not generally go in communal areas, She provides lovely doggie therapy for those who love dogs..
– mobility – There are several uneven and non-level floors with small steps throughout; please bear in mind if you have mobility issues. There is a downstairs bedroom if you would rather.
– do look on our website for the therapy treatments on offer and do book early as our visiting therapist Emma does get booked up
Our Address –
The court, the square
If coming via sat nav, insert ‘travel via Okehampton’ if you would prefer to avoid tiny winding country lanes cross country which Devon is famous for!